Giles has been teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for six years but he has a long history of training in martial arts.
He started at the age of six with Karate a bit of Wing Chun and Ninjitusu and in 2007 he found Brazilian Jiu-Jitusu and began training with Rick Young in Edinburgh.
In 2010, he joined Royce Gracie Academy Scotland (now known as Connection Gracie), and then moved to Marcos Nardini Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the summer of 2016.
Some of his notable achievements include:
- IBJJF British Nationals 2018 – Gold at Weight – Purple Belt
- IBJJF Paris Open 2018 – Gold at Weight – Purple Belt
- IBJJF Munich Open 2018 – Gold at Weight – Purple Belt
- Kleos Grappling 2015 – Silver at Weight – Blue Belt
- Scotia Grappling 2013 – Gold at Weight – Blue Belt
- Naga Paris 2011 – Double Bronze – Advanced No-Gi Divison
- Fighters Only Invitational 2011 – Silver at Weight – Blue Belt
- European Festival of Martial Arts at Disneyland Paris, 2009 – Bronze at Weight – White Belt
- Semi-Professional MMA 1-0-0
- Muay Thai – C-class 2-0-0
Giles is based in Glasgow and heads up the Ronin Grappling team as well as holding seminars here and overseeing things at Evolution.